Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Orange Pineapple Chicken Drums (Gluten, Tree Nut, Peanut, Dairy, Egg Free)

When we first went gluten free with Little Miss, there was a period of time where it felt like we would never be able to enjoy a lot of our favorite foods anymore. There was a definite learning curve and a period of mourning over the foods we were going to miss out on.  Now of course, once we got our footing with the new dietary restrictions in our home, we learned of the multitude of amazing products that are available in the gluten free world.  I am going to feature one such company with this recipe.  One of our favorite take out dinners is Chinese.  Between the sauces used, the breading on things like sweet and sour chicken, noodles, and the soy sauce, there is hidden wheat everywhere when ordering Chinese in.  We have found a couple local joints that we can go safely, but I still prefer to cook at home. 

Several years ago I entered a giveaway on Facebook hosted by another gluten free family for San-J products.  I had never heard of the brand before but loved that they offer products like gluten free soy sauce, Mongolian marinades, Thai peanut sauce, and so much more.  We quickly fell in love with their line of products and use them regularly in sauces, marinades, stir fry, etc.


I received this great set from Moms Meet to try and review with my family and it was such a great fit with what I share here as well. 


For dinner last night we decided to try a new San-J product, the Orange Sauce.  It boasts a strong orange flavor with a subtle saltiness of soy sauce.  Using other items I already had, I made a flavorful chicken dinner that everyone enjoyed.


In addition to the orange sauce, you will need crushed pineapple, chopped yellow onion, black pepper, garlic powder, and ginger

Mix 1cup orange sauce, 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup diced onion, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ginger in a small bowl. 



Pour over your chicken, coat evenly, and refrigerate 4-8 hours, stirring to recoat chicken occasionally.


Place chicken in large baking dish, top with a spoonful or two of your marinade and bake at 375' for 45 minutes or until thermometer reads 165'.


I served with baked sweet potatoes.




Orange Pineapple Chicken

1C San-J Orange sauce
1/2C crushed pineapple
1/2 C diced onion
1T garlic powder
1t black pepper
1/2t ground ginger
2lbs chicken drumsticks, or cut of your choice


Preheat oven to 375'. Mix first 6 ingredients together in small bowl.  Place chicken in large bowl, and pour maridade over.  Stir chicken to coat.  Cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours, stirring occasionally to re-coat chicken.  Place chicken in baking dish and top with a spoonful or two of the marinade.  Bake for 45 minutes or until thermometer reads 165'. 



Nutrtion facts for the marinade
Serving Size-2T
Number of servings-16

Calories-43
Fat-0g
Sodium-171mg
Carbs-10g
Sugar-7.7g
Protein-1g



*I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer.  As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog.  The opinions posted are my own.









No comments:

Post a Comment